Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wooohoooo! I got 106 out of 120!


Hi Friends! Yes, I did it! I have received the score for my TOEFL exam, and I think it's great!!! 106 out of 120. It's not a superb score, but good enough to meet the minimum requirement of top business schools in the world like:

Chicago Booth (104) - ranked #3 by
The Economist, Economist Intelligence Unit 2008
Stanford (100) - #4
Cambridge Judge (100) - #7
Cranfield (100) - #13
INSEAD (105) - #19
Michigan Ross (100) - #22
Warwick (105) - #23
Ashridge (100) - #24
Virginia Darden (100) - #25
Cornell Johnson (100) - #28
Yale (100) - #30
Carnegie Mellon Tepper (100) - #35
UCLA Anderson (100) - #41
Manchester (100) - #60


For the school that I intend to enrol in, which is the Trulaske College of Business of the University of Missouri in Columbia, the TOEFL requirement is only 80. Ahahaha...

Anyways, there is another reason I'm very happy about, that is, I scored FULL MARKS for the Reading section... 30


out of 30. You see, there are altogether four sections of the test - Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing, each carrying 30 marks for a total of 120. So scoring full marks for the Reading really made me very very happy, because as you may recall, I was worried about my inference skills, as per my previous post. Getting this really tells me that, I have no issue with inference at all... hahaha! Thanks for all your tips... they are much appreciated, Donna, Inge' and Mys Lyke Meeh! Thanks as well for all those who prayed for me :) And I thought during the test that I would not score that well, since I hardly had enough time to read and complete the questions! What a miracle! Thank You Lord :)



You may view the full details of my score below :) Next up: GMAT




5 Comments:

Blogger Deboshree said...

Hey congrats John!!
106 is great..what do you mean not to so great!
Very good!
I'm very happy for you..that you can get it where you wanted.
By the way, I tried to watch dance of the dragon online..could only see 76 mins..but I loved it! Thanks you for recommending it.
Congrats once again!
Keep it up!

Love
Deboshree

Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Deboshree :)

Thanks so much yah :)

Only 76 mins??? Awww... the whole movie is like 111 mins. Did you managed to see the Korean hunk, Hyuk Jang competing against Jason Scott Lee's character, Cheng in the martial arts dance?

And I'm quite sure you missed the last dance between Hyuk Jang and Fann Wong (Emi) when they danced together in the final competition, towards the ending of the movie.

Isn't the movie beautiful? :)

Friday, September 11, 2009 7:50:00 AM  
Blogger Deboshree said...

Damn it John!
I can't find rest of the movie anywhere! I did love it and no I couldn't see the fighting scene..sigh..

Thanks for dropping by.
As for being selfish John, I guess it is we ourselves who decide what is selfish and what is not. For me, it was selfish. I'm noy saying it is bad to be concerned about oneself but I went a wee bit too far.

Love
Deboshree

Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:25:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

106 of out 120 is an excellent score! Congratulations!
I thought I'd already commented on this milestone but apparently I have not! So.... way to go, JOHN!

I knew all along that you would do very well on this exam! You worked hard for the goal and the hard work paid off!
Again....congratulations!

Monday, September 14, 2009 6:52:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks Donna for the wish and your support all along :)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home